Tuesday, August 14, 2007

XBL Download Assortment

  • Bioshock Demo - Thankfully it completed over night, I had my doubts for a while. It's an impressive effort in world design but it plays much like a dozen other FPS games played over the last ten years. It looks to be worth a play through, but not the hype being built around it in fan circles, both amature and professional, across the internet. A pretty game, a moody game, but a game I've played a hundred times over without any real new mechanics.

  • Beautiful Katamari Demo - It's three minutes of the game you've already played on PS2. Fun, and prettier, but the same game. And only three minutes. Not that it was a masterwork of coherent story telling, but I doubt someone unfamiliar with previous versions would walk away with any clue as to what was going on.

  • Guitar Hero II download packs - I've said before I'd never buy one of their download packs. This conviction was built upon a strong foundation of pathetic and random groupings of songs, and the exorbitant pricing of 500 points per three-song pack. The new pack is a My Chemical Romance song, and I do like the MCR. It's still over priced at 500 points, but I have a feeling this is a concern that will never be addressed, so I might as well enjoy the result of one adjustment to the norm. (And yeah I know blah blah blah emo sucks... tell it to someone who buys into the emo-hate bs).

No comments: