Monday, September 17, 2007

back to the gym

I haven't been in the gym since around the end of July last year. That's when I had my odd ankle injury that had me limping around for two months last year, which finally culminated in arthroscopic surgery about a month ago. In the mean time I've gained somewhere around 12 lbs, all around the mid-section. I am not a happy cookie.

Thankfully on my last visit to the orthopedist, he suggested that getting on an excericise bike a couple times a week would help regain strength and flexability in my ankle. I didn't actually go until today. Why? After more than a year away it's just difficult to go back. It's hard to get up those extra thirty minutes in the morning to get in to the gym. But once you do, you settle right in.

Twenty minutes this morning of relatively light intervals on the excersize bike. Tomorrow night I'll go back to restart the weight training. Hopefully by this time next month I'll progress back up to the elliptical with my old pattern of high intensity interval training. With any luck, I'll be back down to about 155 by the time vacation comes right after Thanksgiving.

No comments: