Monday, September 10, 2007

$400 PS3?

From Ars Techinica.

This is exactly the direction that Sony SHOULD be headed in. Which could be it's bogus.

If it's real, it could be the move which finally results in a PS3 in my living room. Anna gave the thumbs up to the Sony Credit Card deal if I wanted to do it, but I wasn't really comfortable with that. I don't like the idea of opening a credit card just for a purchase discount... especially when it's not so much a discount, it's a credit issued to your card sometime after the purchase. Maybe it wasn't so bad... I'm just uncomfortable with it.

But $400 retail? We'll likely have a 10% off card for Target floating around, bringing it to only $360, plus a free copy of Spider-man 3 on Blu Ray. Good enough for me.

I know, if the report is correct, it'll only be a 40GB HD. I'm not much fussed over that. I've barely used the 20 gigs on my 360 after 4-5 months, and by all accounts it's very easy to switch out a drive on the PS3. And yeah, it'll be an emotion engine-less unit, but again it matters very little to me.

No comments: